Thursday, June 08, 2006

Progress update

I've been plugging away at the blue cardigan. I now have two front pieces and I have started the back.



The end of school picnic was supposed to be this weekend but it has been postponed a week due to the weather. I'm hoping this extra week will be enough for me to finish.

Joanna's new teacher asked me if I could make a poncho for her to purchase. I have a lot of trouble selling my work. No one really wants to pay a decent amount for the time I put into a project. I have no problem giving stuff away but I can't see myself selling it for less than minimum wage. I decided I would go ahead and make the poncho as a gift. Besides, I needed something mindless to work on when there were too many distractions to work on the cardigan.

She asked for something that was not too warm in an autumnal colors, predominately green. I decided to combine a strand of the wool leftover from Rob's vest and a strand of metallic green and gold railroad yarn in a simple lacey pattern.



I finished tieing on the fringe this evening. I took a picture of Joanna wearing it and then she took a picture of me wearing it.



Not bad for her first try with the camera.

I still need to block it and trim the fringe but I will declare it done.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Green House said...

The poncho pattern was so easy. You cast on an odd number of stitches and every row is K2tog, yo with the last odd stitch being knit. You knit a 22 inch x 66 inch rectangle then fold in half and seam. It's like making a big scarf.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 8:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home