Friday, April 28, 2006

Knitting in Technicolor

I have some finished objects!

Ok, I confess, the yarn did not come from the stash. We were in Wal-Mart when my daughter grabbed a skein of brightly colored Red Heart and asked if I would make her something. How could I say no?

I think I could have made 3 sweaters in the time it took to make this one just because of the number of times I pulled it out and started over. My husband accused me of being on a "knit and release" program.

I was making up the pattern as I went based on what Joanna told me she wanted. She also picked out the buttons. If you ever wanted to know what a sweater would look like if it were designed by a 3-year-old, here it is.



The blur on the sleeves is from her flapping her arms and making rooster sounds. She might have something there.

When we went to pick out the buttons the was a ball of multicolored Fixation at the shop so we had to make a pair of socks too.



The pattern was based on this one. I just sized them down a lot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

that is a cute jacket. you did a fine job. enjoyed reading your blog.
Pennie from Illinois
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/prayfield2001

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kenyetta said...

Nice job! Are those tumbling blocks? She should be so proud!

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, my! COLORFUL!!

What a cute kid (and the sweater's nice, too!)

Saturday, April 29, 2006 5:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home